Thursday, June 7, 2012

And Then There Was One

Minnie is currently down to one toy.  After lavishing her with an overabundance of chew toys, squeaky toys, ropes, and other stuff, Minnie has one bone remaining. I feel like a controlling mom who took all her kid's toys away, but we were left with no choice - Minnie ate each and every one of them!  She even ate her bed, which is sad because it actually belonged to the original golden retriever in my life, Bea :(


Now that I think about it, I guess Minnie actually does have one rope toy left, but it smells so horrible that we don't really encourage her to play with it.  And Lamby is still kickin' it, but after she ate Lamby's ear off, we rescued her from Minnie's jaws of terror and put her away for the time being.


So the one thing Minnie hasn't been able to torture is her beloved peanut butter filled bone.  That's not saying she doesn't TRY to torture it though.  She grinds it, drops it, flings it, leaves it out in the rain, and buries it.  I think the bone will survive though, because her cousin Jack hasn't seemed to destroy his bone yet either, so I think it is safe.


Does a bone even count as a toy though? I mean it's not like we can make her wrestle her with it, or play fetch with it.  I feel a little sad for Minnie. If she would just learn to treat her belongings with loving care, she'd have more toys to enjoy!

THE bone. When the peanut butter is gone, we fill it back with more!  Which usually leaves us with peanut butter streaked floors. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment