Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Missin' Bea

Minnie never had the chance to meet Bea, the beloved family golden retriever (and Minn's predecessor).  Today is actually the anniversary of when Bea passed away 5 years ago.  It doesn't seem like that much time has gone by, especially since I always feel like Bea's going to come running down the driveway or come to greet me at the back door whenever I visit my parents. 

Bea is the dog who fueled my family's love of goldens, and we feel like no dog will ever compare to her!  It's funny that Minnie and Bea are the same breed, because they have totally different personalities!  But I think that's a good thing, because Bea was Bea and Minn is Minn.  

May 28, 2008 was a rough day, and I don't really like to think about it.  Bea was a great dog though, and I had 11.5 awesome years with her!  If Bea were still around, I'm sure Minnie would follow her around everywhere and be her annoying "kid sister."  They would make quite the pair!  

Bea, I want you to know that we're thinking about you today (and most days) and we all miss you a lot!  You were everyone's best friend and the sweetest dog we ever knew!

Here is Bailey - known to most as Bea 

No comments:

Post a Comment