Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weekend Adventures

This past weekend Husband and I decided that Minnie was ready to go on a hike! So we packed up her gear, heaved her into the car, and set off for Castlewood State Park!  Now since it is February, it was a little cold, but that didn't keep people away.  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen the trail that crowded before...even in the summer!


Minnie REALLY enjoyed herself on the hike...she got to sniff a lot of new things, met some other dogs, jumped on some new people, and took a little stroll in the Meremac River!  Oh Minn. I think she would've went completely in if we didn't pull her out!


The following day, we took Minnie over to my parents' house, where she had a blast playing in the backyard, shoving sweetgum balls into her mouth, and exploring their house. She also stuck her nose in the firepit...RIGHT ON THE FLAME! She didn't yelp but you could tell she was feeling it afterwards...she kept pawing at her nose and rolling around in the grass!


So far this week Minnie's been pretty calm - I think she might still be worn out from all of her adventures this weekend!  Husband's been working with her on some of the tricks he's learning from the book I got him for Valentine's Day - 101 Dog Tricks. Romantic gift, huh? Haha. I also got him some other items that sort of qualify as gifts for Minnie, including a doggie backpack, a collapsible travel water bowl (came in handy this weekend), a reflector vest for late night walks (safety first!), and of course, the book! I'll post some pictures soon of Minnie wearing her backpack, it's hilarious!

Pup and I at the park. Scenic view!
So we saw this little hideaway in the tree
and decided to shove Minnie in there for a photo
op...does that make us evil parents?
Minn hiding in the bushes, what a silly lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment