Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Goldens Rule

If you've ever thought about adopting a golden, you've probably heard some "eh" things about them. They're huge!  They shed a lot! They have hip problems!  They chew up everything!  My husband and I certainly heard our fair share of those comments when we decided to get a golden retriever.


So why did we decide to "go for the gold?"  For one thing, they're the most loving, loyal dogs you'll ever encounter.  I may be slightly biased though - for 11 years Bea, a wonderful golden, was a part of my family.  My parents adopted her when I was 14 years old, and until I was 25, she was my "furry sister."  Minnie has a lot to live up to....her Aunt Bea was a neighborhood favorite who everyone knew and loved.


For Husband and I, the positives outweighed the negatives.  Plus, my obsession with goldens might have influenced our decision - I regularly google photos and videos of goldens - I just can't get enough!


Ask me in 6 weeks how I feel about our puppy and I'll probably say, she is a terror! But eventually the puppy phase fades away...I'll keep reminding myself of that!



No comments:

Post a Comment