Monday, December 19, 2011

Minnie's Big Adventure

The other morning we let Minnie out in the backyard like we normally do, so she can have some playtime before we go to work. When it was time for her to eat her breakfast, we called her inside...but no response. She normally comes barreling in so she can wolf down her food - but we got NOTHING. We called her, we searched the backyard for her, even checked her favorite spots (behind the AC and next to the woodpile). Minnie was nowhere to be found.


This is when I began to panic. Visions of a furry puppy wandering the streets of Kirkwood flooded my mind. I pictured her scared and lonely, pawing through trash cans trying to find her next meal. Ok, I got carried away, but my furry friend was gone and I was worried!


I decided to check the front yard, even though it seemed like a dumb idea, since our backyard is completely fenced in, and there's NO way she could get out. But I was wrong! I looked out the front window and there was Minnie, hovering on the front porch shaking and pawing at the door. 


How the heck did she get there???? And how did she know to go to the front door? We have no idea what happened, and it's a mystery that we'd like to figure out! If only she could talk and tell us how she did it! 


We now refer to the event as Minnie's Big Adventure - from the backyard to the front porch. For a little 3 month old pup, that's a scary journey! Poor Minnie. Now she's getting less "unsupervised" playtime since we don't trust her! Oh well...I'm just glad nothing happened to her! That would have been HORRIBLE.


Another big event for Minnie this weekend - her first bath! (Minus the one she got at the breeder before she came home.) She actually did pretty well - I  hope she doesn't mind how much we laughed at her because of how silly she looked all drenched!  She somehow managed to climb out of the tub and up on the toilet, but besides that, she was a good girl.


Minnie had yet another vacuum encounter yesterday - she HATES that thing! She was in her "house" when I was vacuuming, but she was so scared that she climbed up on top of the boxes we have in there (since it's too big and we needed to block off some space). We called it her loft. Ha!
I solemnly swear I won't escape my yard anymore!

I like sitting like a person


Nothing wrong with a nap before it's time for bed!

My mom always has to pick me up...sheeesh

2 comments:

  1. Minnie is adorable!! We have a golden named Minnie and a Mickey too. Looking forward to following Minnie's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's so cute about Minnie and Mickey - I hope someday there will be a Mickey in our lives too! :)

    ReplyDelete